South Carolina Policy Council
Since 1986 the South Carolina Policy Council Education Foundation has advocated innovative policy ideas that advance the principles of limited government and free enterprise. The Policy Council is the state’s meeting place for business leaders, policymakers, and academics – as well as engaged citizens – who want to see South Carolina become the most free state in the nation. For questions or comments on the articles on this website, please email Research Director Jamie Murguia.
Posts by South Carolina Policy Council:
- S.C. Is a ‘Low Tax State,’ Right? Wrong.
- ANALYSIS: The Pension System Reform Bill
- S.370 – Constitutional amendment making judges gubernatorial appointment
- H.3443 – Medicaid expansion
- H.3473 – Convention of States to amend the US Constitution for spending cap
- H.3468 – Allowing the transfer of textile mill tax credits
- S.301 – Reforming the Department of Transportation
- Making Superintendent of Education a Gubernatorial Appointment
- S.C. Supreme Court Elections – Quick and Quiet
- S.158 and S.159 – 28-Day Waiting Period for Background Checks